Trips Out / Visits
Subject related trips out / visits are encouraged in the school to give the students a more rounded experience of their subject in action.
- Tannagh (Geography Field Trip)
- NUI Maynooth (Biology Experiments)
- Dublin Zoo (JC Science Experiments / Ecology)
- Young Scientist Competition
- Assorted Museums, Exhibitions and Historical Sites (History)
- Factory Visits (LCVP / Business / Woodwork and Engineering)
- Live Dramas and Writing Workshops (English)
- Live Dramas (Gaeilge)
- Art Museums and Exhibitions (Art)
- Musicals, Concerts and Music Exhibitions (Music)
- Film Showings (English / History / French)
- French Table Quiz (French)
- The Ploughing Championships and Local Farms (Ag. Science)
Educational School Tours
Our school has a long history of continental and educational tours and trips. Our first school tour took place in 1980. A typical continental school tour could include guided city tours, visits to museums, galleries and local attractions, tour of a sports stadium, walking trips and guided nature excursions.
Entertainment activities could comprise football, bowling, skating, restaurants, concerts, football matches and the ever-popular day trip to a theme park.
- Our most recent school tour brought students to Krakow in Poland with excursions to Auschwitz, Schindler’s Factory and the Wieliczka Salt Mines.
- The school has visited Spain, France and Italy on overseas tours.
- French exchanges began with the town of Moulin in 2014 and are an annual occurrence since then.
- A trip to watch Manchester United play at Old Trafford proves very popular every year.
- Trips to see International matches at the Aviva Stadium or the Connacht Rugby Grounds are also very popular.